VICTIM SERVICES PROGRAMS
VSY Responds to Cases of:
- Domestic violence
- Family occurrences
- Sexual assault
- Break & enter
- Sudden death
- Traffic accidents
- Property crimes/ damage
- Criminal Harassment
1. On-Scene Response
• Victim Response Teams are on call 24/7 to York Regional Police and Ontario Provincial Police in York Region for on-scene interventions;
• Attendance at a crime scene, police station, hospital or home for interventions.
2. Telephone Crisis Response
• Follow-up telephone assistance and community referrals are provided to victims of crime;
• 24 hour telephone assistance to persons victimized by crime or tragic circumstance.
3. Victim Quick Response Program
This program is a pilot project funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General’s office designed to provide financial assistance to victims of homicide, attempt murder, serious physical assault, domestic violence, sexual assault and hate crimes.
4. Crisis Therapy Dog Program
This program is a pilot project in partnership with York Regional Police and St. John Ambulance York Chapter. Where possible and practicable persons who have been victimized by crime or tragic circumstance in the Region of York receive the option of a therapy dog response.