Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
ONE DAY ONLY - SHIFT WORK AVAILABLE
September 15, 2019, at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6G 4C7)
Public hours from 9AM to 5PM.
Be A Garlic Ambassador For A Day And Help Us Celebrate Local Farmers, Local Chefs, Local Musicians and Delicious Ontario Garlic!
In exchange for a free apron volunteers are needed to help with the following tasks:
- assist festival visitors at the entrance and finding farmer and food booths throughout the festival area
- assist festival visitors in finding the free film screenings, musical performances, garlic breath contest, cooking demos, talks and art workshops
- assist in serving free raw garlic shots to festival visitors to taste
- assist farmer and food vendors and special guests where required
- assist with setting up the festival booths in the morning and packing them up at the end of the festival day
- help keep the festival area safe and clean and clear of garlic wrappers and other debris
The festival promotes Ontario garlic farmers and is focused on food, fun and friendly interactions with festival visitors. Volunteers are responsible for performing their volunteer duties in a pleasant and courteous manner at all times. Volunteers work a 3 to 5 hour shift at the festival on Sunday, Sept 15, 2019 and receive an Official Festival Apron. If required the festival will provide you with a signed letter confirming hours worked. Parking nearby and TTC access by St. Clair West Streetcar.