Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
We are looking for volunteers to fill the position of Marketing Specialist who will assist our Program organization with various marketing related activities, mainly managing our online presence (social media, web page), and creating promotional materials.
If you are a bold, self-motivated person with excellent communication skills and are looking to grow in experience in marketing, then this is the position for you!
This is an ideal opportunity for fresh graduates looking to gain professional experience or high school students looking to obtain community service hours and be get trained early on towards a successful career. This experience can assists you as you work towards career goals in fields such as marketing, public relations, communication and social media.
- Creating and editing content for the new website;
- Creating and managing social media accounts;
- Proofreading and editing materials, grant applications and other documents as required;
- Corresponding with educational institutions regarding fundraising initiatives;
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials, which include promotional brochures, press releases and newsletters.
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies, specifically web-based ones;
- Excellent writing and communicational skills;
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills;
- Fluent with Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Working knowledge of social media platforms;
- Recent university graduate, preferably with a background in marketing, communications or Liberal Arts/English;
- Creativity and team player attitude is a must;
- Ability to work individually and self-motivated;
- Well built skills in organization, prioritization and time management.