Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
Volunteer Mentors are needed to work with women looking to gain insight into their desired career. Our "Mini Mentorship" program provides an opportunity for professionals to support women who are unemployed, underemployed or working in precarious jobs but striving to transition to stable and sustainable employment. Mentors are provided the opportunity to enhance leadership and coaching skills while supporting women in a meaningful way.
Through our program, mentors can expect to meet with women for an informational interview and provide support with some of the following on an as needed basis:
• Interview tips
• Resume and cover letter review
• Networking opportunities
• Minimum 2+ years of professional experience/skills in an industry
• A desire to help women gain insight into your occupation and or industry
• Ability to commit 45 minutes for a face-to-face informational interview
• Ability to connect with women in person, online or over the phone for several follow ups
• Experience as a mentor not required
If interested please email your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.