Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
Telephone Assurance Volunteer
The purpose of the role is to provide assurance and social contact through weekly phone calls to our most vulnerable population.
• Provide friendly phone calls at an agreed upon time.
• Calls are made during daytime hours and are typically between 5 and 20 mins
• Report any problems/issues/concerns to coordinator
• Provide weekly or monthly activity reports to coordinator
Schedule and Commitment:
• 1-5 days a week for less than 1 hour
Skills and Experience:
• Clear and loud speaking voice
• Strong empathy skills
• Pleasant, cheerful demeanor
• Ability to steer conversations to remain appropriate, welcoming and non-judgmental
• Clear understanding of privacy and confidentiality
• Education and training will be provided in the following areas:
• Elder Abuse, advocacy, active listening skills, conversation tips, client scenarios and solutions, communicating with the hard of hearing clients.