Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
Parkinson Canada is looking for a Walk Coordinator to oversee the coordination and execution of Parkinson SuperWalk Brampton.
• Promote Parkinson SuperWalk within your community through available channels and liase with appropriate government officials to invite them to walk day.
• Work with volunteer committee to assist in planning, promotion and day-of execution.
• Attend committee meetings and work with committee volunteers ensure appropriate orientation of day-of volunteer coverage.
• Track and report on volunteer hours.
• Approach local businesses and organizations for sponsorship dollars and/or prize donations.
• Work with volunteers to coordinate services needed for the day-of (which may include: venue, entertainment, food and drink, guest speakers, supplies, etc.).
• Collect and report on the funds that were raised.
• Ensure necessary inventory is ordered from Parkinson Canada.
• Attend monthly (March to June) and bi weekly (July to September) conference calls with all Community Walk Coordinators. Be onsite on the day of the event to facilitate a successful event. Must be available for Parkinson SuperWalk Brampton on September 7 at South Fletcher’s Sportsplex.
• Possess exceptional leadership capabilities and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Be available for the time commitment needed to ensure the success of the event.
• Mature, responsible and dependable.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have a volunteer police check.
Our Walk Coordinators and Volunteer Committee positions are available to all ages and include flexible time commitments, mentorship for new members, education and training, and excellent leadership experience.
If you like an opportunity to be a part of something from the beginning to the end that supports a great cause this is the position for you.