Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
Reporting directly to the Service Area Manager, the role of 'Program Assistant' includes the following:
- assists with the delivery of Safe City Mississauga programs/events/campaigns to ensure relevance and effectiveness as well as alignment with the organization mission, vision and values
- engages people in city government, police and other programs stakeholders when contributing to strategies and campaigns designed to promote the organization's various activities, programs and services
- assists with the personnel administration of volunteer recruitment and records management, i.e. 'Aspire' site coordinators and tutors; 'Neighbourhood Watch' team leads, etc.
- prioritizes tasks appropriately for program/project volunteers, to ensure deliverables are on track and/or provide support and guidance
- contributes to the strengths and opportunities for improvements, develop recommendations for continuous improvement
- attends meetings and program sessions as required and responds to requests for information in a timely manner
- performs all other reasonable tasks assigned by the Service Area Manager
*** PLEASE NOTE: We are 'virtually screening' applicants during the COVID-19 Emergency, so do not hesitate to use the yellow box 'Apply Now!' (above/below), to gain immediate access to more details about this volunteer leadership opportunity, and add your name/contact information to our list of applicants. Thank you!