Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
Terms of Reference
Make Music Matter is seeking an ONLINE EVENT PRODUCER (VOLUNTEER) who is motivated by working within a dynamic, global team to help make change through music.
In this position, you will be working closely with our Event & Publishing Manager on bringing to life new initiatives in the events realm (online / hybrid / in-person, as regulations allow) with the aim to raise funds for Make Music Matter whilst offering great content, building new audiences, and developing the foundation for a sustainable events and fundraising framework.
Since its creation in 2009, Make Music Matter has been run by a dedicated team of volunteers and consultants together with our CEO and founder, Darcy Ataman.
Specifically, the post will entail the following:
● Coordinating the logistics, setup, and broadcast of live online/hybrid events (via applicable 3rd party solutions), ensuring smooth execution
● Advising on best technical setup and solutions
● Implementing sales and donation solutions (3rd parties) in online/hybrid events
● Working collaboratively within a team with an opportunity to impact the end-result
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Experience and/or training in Stage Management, Production Design & Technical Arts, Performance Production, Theatre Production, Event Management, or a related field
• Experience with online events broadcasting (online/hybrid)
• Extensive experience performing soundchecks and tech setup (in-person/online) for concerts including coordinating BOH, backline, etc.
• Experience successfully incorporating interactive elements into online events to drive engagement, such as sales and fundraising CTAs, polls, etc.
• Experience liaising with artists, emcees, audio/visual tech crews, venue coordinators, and other stakeholders
• Professional written and oral communication skills in English
• Excellent attention to detail, technically savvy, and highly organized
• Critical thinking skills with an innovator mindset
• Experience working remotely
• Experience working with a non-profit
Furthermore, it will be considered a plus if the candidate is:
• Based in or close to Toronto (for potential in-person events)
Terms of Work
Availability: Intermittently during normal work hours
Duration: As agreed upon, minimum 6 months preferred
Compensation: Volunteer with approved administration expenses covered
Please apply via Indeed; https://ca.indeed.com/company/Make-Music-Matter/jobs/Online-Event-Produc...