Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
To research images in the Standard Collection using microfilmed copies of the St.Catharines Standard newspaper, to index and organize the Collection and to cross-reference between microfilmed images and existing negatives.
1. Scan through St. Catharines Stanadard newspaper microfilm to identify photographs and editorial cartoons
2. Scan images to computer, apply appropriate file name and store in proper format
3. Organize files according to year in which images appeared in newspaper
4. Carry out research applicable to later cataloguing of photographs
5. Match negatives in the collection to images scanned from the newspaper
6. Organize negatives
7. Monitor and maintain a safe work area