Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
Business in the Streets (BITS), is a registered charity that helps young, aspiring entrepreneurs from underserved communities access practical business training, mentorship, and funding. This is done through our 8-week programs that are delivered virtually.
The key to our success lies in our Peer Mentors. “The engine behind our impact”, Peer Mentors are young business professionals and/or entrepreneurs who provide advisory and accountability support throughout the duration of our 8-week business programs to a small group of participant entrepreneurs.
Mentoring with BITS is a great way to:
- Make a lasting impact in someone's life
- Develop leadership expertise and join a community of like-minded people
- Use your unique knowledge and experiences to support a young person in their early stages of entrepreneurship
“The BITS mission and how the program is executed is a game-changer/starter for young entrepreneurs equipped with a business idea and willingness to learn how to launch! I'm so proud to be part of the BITS community as a mentor.”
- Syra A Jan, Founder, Talent Department
The perfect BITS mentor is:
- An intermediate to mid-level business professional, or
- An entrepreneur with at least 3+ years of entrepreneurial experience, and
- Between 21-39 years of age
Applying to mentor is done in three easy steps:
1. Apply to mentor via this application (Applications close June 25th, 2021)
2. Our Programs Administrator will email you to set up an interview.
3. If accepted, you will receive an email with all the details for your July 17th start.
Want to know about the time commitment or have other questions? Send us an email at email@example.com or visit our online FAQ page at businessinthestreets.com/mentor.