Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
The Mentoring Partnership is urgently looking for mentors who can share their industry knowledge and experience with immigrants who work in biological sciences/chemical sciences/engineering/architecture.
What we’re looking for:
• Good industry knowledge and business experience
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in biological sciences/chemical sciences/engineering/architecture in Canada
• Active links to professional networks in your field
• Desire to connect with people from other countries and cultures
• Willingness to learn
What we ask of you
When you sign up as a mentor with The Mentoring Partnership, we pair you with someone who has immigrated to Toronto and has experience and/or training as a biologist/chemist/engineer/architect. As a mentor, you can support your mentee by:
• Giving practical advice on how to navigate a job search as a biologist/chemist/engineer/architect in Toronto
• Helping them tailor their LinkedIn profile and CV for biological sciences/chemical sciences companies /engineering/architecture firms in Canada
• Helping them practice their interview skills
• Supporting them to grow their professional networks, connecting them to your own contacts where appropriate
What you get in return
• An orientation session to start you off on the right foot
• Your own coach to guide you through each step of the mentoring process
• Access to online Professional Development to help you support your mentee effectively
• The chance to build your own coaching skills and develop as a leader
• But above all, the chance to give back to your professional community. The Mentoring Partnership has a high success rate, with 75% of mentees gaining meaningful employment within 12 months of taking part. Mentors tell us that the feeling they get when their mentees tell them they’ve found a job is really meaningful. Would you like to make a difference in this way?
One partnership = 24 hours over four months.
Register at www.thementoringpartnership.com/