Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
- Meet driver at meal source.
- Assist driver to load meals into the car.
- Check for changes on your list, in instruction or special diets.
- Deliver meals.
- Return insulated bags to driver.
- Report any concerns/observations to the Coordinator or Manager of Meals on Wheels.
- Provide a security check when delivering meals.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Inform the Coordinator as soon as possible, if unable to volunteer on an assigned date.
- Your duty as a Meals on Wheels volunteer is limited to meal delivery. If a client asks you to do something that is questionable, or if you are asked to provide other services, call the Coordinator of Volunteers or the Manager of Meals on Wheels.
- Initial orientation to agency and program.
- On-the-job training by an experienced staff member and volunteer.
- Coordinator provides on-going support and is available to answer questions and explain policies.
Time Commitment: 11:00 am to 1:30 p.m. (Approximately 2.5 hours).
Meal Sources/Place: Bendale Acres Home for the Aged, Shepherd Terrace, Yee Hong
Preferred Commitment: The program operates from Monday to Saturday. We prefer a commitment of 6 months for a stream of continued service.
The agency has a set reimbursement rate for the participation and assistance to the program. The amount is reviewed annually by the Board of Directors.