Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
About the Opportunity
The role of the Loan Review Committee (LRC) Officer is to review, evaluate and make decisions regarding loan applications. LRC members conduct client interviews to assess the suitability of business, professional development and Foreign Credential Recognition program applicants. LRC volunteers also participate in committee meetings (generally virtually) to evaluate loan applications recommended for approval. Related
Skills & Experience
• For small business reviews: Experience either as an entrepreneur/small business owner or related experience with demonstrated strengths or expertise in the area(s) of business planning, operations, marketing, finance and cash flow projections. or
• For professional development reviews, experience as an educator, career coach/planner, or a background in employment or social services.
• Community experience (or an interest in) working with low-income, culturally diverse communities and immigrants.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Second language an asset.
One year. Approximately 4-8 hours per month. Flexible schedule. Volunteers can choose the assignments and meetings that fit best with their availability. Most activities are weekday evenings or weekends. Location GTHA. Meetings are held at our office at 401 Richmond Street West (Spadina & Richmond St.) or virtually. Client meetings are held throughout the city.