Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
You will be helping to prepare meals at the Wesley Day Centre by chopping, cooking, washing dishes, serving, and other duties as assigned.
• Aprons (Wesley provides)
• Long pants
• Closed-toe shoes with good treads: preferably leather, hard work boots or hiking shoes; running shoes are okay, but please stay away from shoes with mesh tops
• Hats or hair nets – please bring your own hat, or Wesley has hair nets available
• If you have a beard, may have to wear a beard net
• Parking is available in front of the Wesley Day Centre on the street, or in the back of the centre (if space allows)
Benefits to Volunteer
• Engage with other volunteers and staff to advance communication skills
• Develop cooking skills
• Gain knowledge about the Wesley Day Centre
18+ years old. If under 18, please follow the below guidelines:
• Police Information Check dated within the past 6 months
• No previous cooking skills required
Time: Monday – Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm Sunday: 11 am – 2 pm