SparkOntario will be closing October 15, 2021 - Find out more here.
The EcoFair is 100% volunteer driven. It is a fun, community-based, family-oriented event that informs and inspires people to make greener choices in their homes and communities. It is organized by Green Neighbours Network and Transition Toronto. Whereas the 2020 EcoFair Toronto was entirely virtual, this year’s EcoFair will include online events Nov 5 and 6, and inlife exhibits and activities on Nov 7 at Artscape Wychwood Barns and outdoors in an adjacent Park.
The Interactive Activities Coordinator invites and manages exhibitors that provide interactive, family-friendly fun at the EcoFair. These activities significantly contribute to the EcoFair’s success in achieving its goals of informing, inspiring and engaging attendees.
● Contact potential exhibitors that are knowledgeable, inspiring, and engaging
● Secure a diverse selection of eco-themed activities
● Set the interactive activities schedule, taking into account availability of exhibitors
● Answer exhibitors’ questions with support from EcoFair Event Coordinators
● Ensure periodic contact with confirmed exhibitors to keep them engaged during the lead-up to the EcoFair
● Coordinate and support interactive activity exhibitors on the day of the EcoFair
● Design, print and display the presentation schedule at the event
● Help set up the activities beforehand and supervise them throughout the event
● An interesting and diverse selection of eco-themed interactive activities are confirmed by mid October
● A clear and concise schedule is created and distributed
● Relevant information is provided to interactive activity exhibitors and exhibitors’ questions are answered in a timely manner
● Exhibitors have a great experience at the event
● Very organized, diligent, and a team player
● Comfortable using Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets to collaborate remotely
● Passion for the environment and community-building
● Able to attend one 2 hr organizing meeting per month (Aug– Nov)
● Approx. 2 hours a week on a flexible schedule (Aug)
● Approx. 30 min - 1 hour a day as event day approaches (Sep - Nov)
● In-person attendance on the day of the event for 10 hrs (Nov 7)
If you would like to find out more information about volunteering with the EcoFair this year please send an email with the subject line "Volunteer: EcoFair" to firstname.lastname@example.org.