Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
Our Habitat for Humanity ReStore is looking for volunteers interested in joining our storefront team. We welcome volunteers with all levels of experience, and we encourage youth looking for work experience to apply!
Volunteers in this position are responsible for helping to stock shelves, arrange displays, assist customers, help transport larger purchases out to customer vehicles, and share their knowledge and passion for Habitat for Humanity’s projects. Over an extended period of time, some of our volunteers may be selected to assist in cash handling and opening/closing the store. Volunteers may occasionally be asked to help out in the back of the store as well, which can include meeting our donors, and researching, cleaning, repairing, and pricing donations for resale.
• Strong customer service skills, or strong social skills with the potential of developing strong customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Passionate about helping others to build a better life through Habitat for Humanity’s programs
• Available to be scheduled for 2-3 shifts per week on weekdays or during the weekend
• Experience in retail and fundraising a bonus
• Knowledge about construction, hardware, automotive repair, and antiques is a bonus
• A valid C-PIC will be required for all volunteers working on the POS and assisting in cash handling.
• Specialized certifications, such as electrical technician work, Forklift, Fall Arrest, Chemical Spill Response, First Aid, CPR, and WHMIS are not required but are always a bonus.