Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
We are looking for a reliable volunteer to assist our donation ambassador. This volunteer would be responsible for representing Habitat for Humanity while in the community picking up donations from private and corporate donors. This is a great opportunity to become more involved in the community and see your volunteer service have a measurable impact. The donations that we sell in our ReStore help to fund building projects for homes in the community.
• Available to schedule 2-3 shifts during the week
• Able to lift heavy donations, such as furniture
• Background in skilled trades, carpentry, etc. are a bonus
• Must be able to coordinate well with a team
• Good customer service and donor appreciation skills
• Able to judge resale value on donations and decline donations that will not be resalable
• Professional behavior while representing Habitat for Humanity
• Strong self-leadership, independent and reliable
• Organized; donation ambassadors are required to keep track of all donations on paper
We are currently seeking assistant donation ambassadors for the following time slots:
Monday 10-3, Tuesday 1-4, Wednesday 1-6, Thursday 1-6, and Friday 10-3.