Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
Our Habitat for Humanity ReStore is looking for volunteers interested in helping us to test lighting, appliances, and electronics. Lighting may include indoor and outdoor light fixtures, antique light fixtures, light bulbs, industrial lighting, and more. Appliances may include refrigerators, electric ovens, electric stovetops, range fans, microwaves, chest freezers, washing machines, electric dryers, and other small kitchen appliances and electronics. Electronics may include printers, sound systems, television monitors, external computer monitors, computer accessories, and game systems. All of the donations tested are resold at the ReStore to raise funding for Habitat for Humanity build projects, including The Good Shepherd Legacy Project build in downtown Kingston.
This is a great opportunity for:
• College students studying computer networking and technical support, electrical engineering, electrician apprenticeship programs, energy systems engineering, fundraising management, general construction and carpentry techniques, industrial electrician apprenticeships, motive power technician, supply chain management, and user experience design, or aspiring college students who are interested in these areas of study.
• Experienced construction workers, electricians, contractors and skilled laborers looking to network and give back to the community
• Retired individuals looking to get involved in their community and share their experience;
• High school students looking to earn their volunteer hours and gain workplace experience;
• Individuals looking to re-enter the workforce who want to get used to a routine again without the pressure of immediately beginning employment;
• Individuals in the process of rehabilitation, and
• Individuals looking to improve their English language skills in a workplace environment.
Every volunteer experience is different, but all of our volunteers are able to see the measurable impact that their work has in their own community, as they help to make our homeownership program possible. Our volunteers often have the opportunity to meet and work alongside our partner families, who frequently volunteer at the ReStore as part of their sweat equity agreement.
• An interest in construction and building
• Experience in construction, contracting, and related trades is an asset, but not required
• Visit us in person at Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 607 Gardiner’s Road, Kingston, ON K7M 3Y4 and request to speak with our volunteer coordinator.
• Apply online at https://habitatkingston.com/get-involved/volunteer-with-us/ and indicate that you would like to volunteer at the ReStore
• Email our volunteer coordinator Hannah at email@example.com to learn more.
About the Habitat for Humanity ReStore: Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a home and building supply store that accepts and resells quality new and used building materials. Shopping at a Habitat ReStore is a socially conscious