Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
The Canadian Liver Foundation (CLF) in GTA is looking for FUN and committed individuals to join our 50th Anniversary Celebration gala taking place on November 15th.
If you love planning fabulous and fun events and helping out a great cause, then join our 2019 Gala committee! Volunteers are key team members who help us bring liver research to life. The Gala committee will work with our Gala Chair to plan and fundraise. The committee will help identify business partners in the community for sponsorship, ticket sales and securing mystery bag prizes and Live Auction items.
• Actively participate in bi-weekly committee meetings (in person and conference call)
• Brainstorm and identify who you know or if you are willing to knock on a few doors
• Advocate and be an ambassador of the CLF and promote the CLF’s mission, values and vision
• Solicit items for the Mystery Bag and Live Auction
• Keep track of donor contact information
• Have fun and showcase your commitment to the CLF’s gala, the community and your fellow committee members
• Experience fundraising and/or soliciting auction items or be willing to learn
• Extensive network of business connections is an asset or a willingness to be bold and cold call or visit
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Reliable, hard-working, committed and compassionate
• Galas are premier, high profile events and as such require a commitment of time - commit to full 6 months planning term
• Attend meetings leading up to the gala
• Volunteer to help set-up event day or help with fundraising activities during the evening
If you are interested in applying for the gala committee, please contact Lucy, Regional Coordinator at email@example.com or 1-800-563-5483 ext. 4919