Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
1 in 4 Canadians may be affected by liver disease, including everyone from newborn babies to older adults.
Founded in 1969 the Canadian liver Foundation (CLF) is brining liver research to life by raising funds to promote liver health, improve public awareness, fund research and provide support to the 8 million Canadians affected by liver disease - and this wouldn't be possible without our volunteers.
And once you're in as an event volunteer it?s easy to get hooked. For some people it's the excitement of event day and meeting new people. For others, it's developing new skills and being 'behind the scenes' at places like the CN Tower. But most of all our volunteers are passionate about making a difference in the fight against liver disease.
If you're interested in opportunities near you read on to find out more and apply.
What will I be doing:
You may be asked to:
• meet and greet and welcome attendees to our booth
• help set up and clear down the event
• promote our upcoming event and programs
• help direct questions to the CLF staff on site
• assist with administration and managing the booth during your shift
What skills, experience and attributes do I need:
Along with having great communication and interpersonal skills, we ask that you are:
• Reliable and willing to travel to event sites
• Enthusiastic about promoting health and CLF
• Willing to work as part of a team and helping at events
• If you have specific skills and experience that you think might be useful?we love to know!
What can I expect from CLF?
In return for your valuable help we aim to ensure that volunteering for the CLF is a fulfilling and worthwhile experience. You'll have support from staff, with the opportunity to gain and develop skills and meet other volunteers. It is also a great opportunity to learn more about the work we do and be part of our mission!
I'm interested, what's my next step?
If you'd like to find out more about becoming an event volunteer and helping to fight liver disease email LLAM@liver.ca and we'll be in touch.
Please send a copy your resume accompanied by a letter of interest and your availability to LLam@liver.ca