Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
Through this role you will have the opportunity to safely volunteer from the comfort of your own home. All volunteers are provided with online training and the necessary support to safely and responsibly support local community members.
• Use a strength-based and solution-focused practice when
supporting local community members
• Provide emotional support and referrals to community
members, as needed
• Complete relevant respondent documentation/profiles of calls
• Consistently demonstrate key social service skills such as:
Active Listening, Empathy, Etc.
• Act in accordance with ministry and agency regulations
• Ensure a holistic, quality approach to client care consistent
with FCSSGW’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan
• Volunteer at a minimum of 8 hours per month
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Preferred previous experience in a human services field or
related training or experience (e.g. social work, psychology,
DSW designation, etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of community services and
• Experience with crisis intervention and case management an
• Demonstrated proficiency in operation and use of a computer,
related technologies and software required for the role (i.e.
iCarol, Microsoft Office suite of programs)
• Available to volunteers days, evenings and/or weekends
• Willingness to attend mandatory training sessions