Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
Community Engagement & Research Volunteer
Connecting Countries is a non-profit organization based out of Hamilton, Ontario, with a focus on global health. Connecting Countries helps enhance the health and education of school children in developing countries through sustainable programs and accountable partnerships. Our programs, aligned with the United Nations - Sustainable Development Goal six, specifically target water, sanitation, and hygiene (WaSH) needs of partner schools in Nyandarua County in Kenya. These include latrine building, rain water harvesting, and other WaSH programs. For many non-profit organizations like Connecting Countries, one of the biggest barriers related to continued growth, success, and implementation of our programs is funding. This community engagement opportunity asks Volunteers to support Connecting Countries by researching external funding opportunities that target non-profit organizations like ours.
Connecting Countries requires a committed individual to research external funding opportunities.
• Collaborate with Connecting Countries CEO (and/or additional board members) on a biweekly basis to share new insight into researched external funding and to learn about our global health initiatives
• Develop a report that catalogues external funding opportunities that are applicable for Connecting Countries and align with our WaSH program goals
• Assist in the application process for appropriate funding, if applicable.
Length of Appointment:
3 month duration
• Knowledgeable of Global Health and associated issues
• Possess a passion to assist students in Canada and Kenya
• Proven ability to work independently and remotely
• Possess proficient research and problem solving skills
• Ability to write succinctly and descriptively
To contact us directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org