Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
HHTH Tournaments could not succeed without our Local Organizing Committees in each city we operate. Local Organizing Committees or LOC’s are made up of individuals in each city that volunteer their time to ensure the success of the Tournament. Though fully supported by HHTH HQ, the Local Organizing Committee members are tasked with specific responsibilities to ensure the tournament has ultimate success.
We are looking for passionate volunteers to serve as a member on the York Region (YR) Committee who will assist the Hockey Helps the Homeless staff in the planning and execution of the 2019 Hockey Helps the Homeless York Region slated for November 15th, 2019.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist and support the YR Steering committee comprised of volunteers and the Hockey Helps the Homeless staff in planning and implementing the 2019 Tournament. Sub-committees include but are not limited to Team and Player Recruiting, Local Sponsorship, Logistics/Volunteer Coordination, Food & Beverage, Silent Auction and Mega Raffle.
• Actively recruit new members to the steering committee
• Participate in monthly committee meetings and/or calls when necessary
The following Committee Roles are available to join
• Actively target and seek new sponsorship for 2019, and/or where possible, cultivate potential relationships for 2020 and beyond
• Follow up on sponsor solicitation requests and assume responsibility for some but not all communications with sponsor prospects
• Assist HHTH in ensuring all sponsorship benefits are fulfilled by liaising between sponsor and HHTH
• Together with HHTH, ensure that all YR sponsors receive proper billing and visibility before, during and after Tournament day
Set Up, Tear Down and Event Day Management
• Assist Hockey Helps HQ staff with set up and tear down
• Act as Production Manager for daytime program (approx. 6 AM – 7 PM)
• Main contact for all suppliers, HHTH and 360kids staff, committee leads
• Seek and solicit a diverse set of items from various companies and individuals
• Support event day set up requirements (tables, bid sheets, displaying items, etc.)
• Determine volunteer requirements