Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
Youth Challenge International's (YCI) Youth Climate Leadership Program provides young people in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA), aged 19-25, the opportunity to grow leadership skills, network with peers and create climate action initiatives in their communities.
The 6-month Youth Climate Leadership Program supports young people to become Climate Leaders through creating, leading and catalyzing community-based projects to shape a more climate-resilient GTHA.
The program uses a cohort-based model, allowing for collaborative peer-learning and one-on-one coaching and mentorship in a supportive (currently virtual) environment to help Climate Leaders reach their goals.
Climate Leaders will:
- Grow skills through leadership training on youth mobilization, project design, community development, climate science and climate communications.
- Design and implement new climate solutions with exclusive resources, including customized coaching, mentorship, peer-to-peer and funding support.
- Join a Climate Action Network of 200+ youth change-makers across the GTHA to learn and grow with to make an impact in your communities.
You'll fit right in if you:
- Want to make a real impact on climate change in your community.
- Want to learn and grow your leadership, project planning and community building skills.
- Are excited about engaging other like-minded young people and leading a team to take action.
- Are dedicated and dependable with availability on evenings and some weekends to actively participate in training sessions.
- You are 19-25 years old.
- You live in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA).
- You want to build skills and become a leader in your community.
Participants can expect 3-5 hours weekly for asynchronous learning and project implementation. Training sessions are held every Wednesday from 5:30-7:30 pm for the first 2 months then staggered biweekly for the remaining program. There is also 1 half-day weekend Leadership Development session.
How to apply:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Successful applicants are contacted within 1 week of applying to schedule a group interview. Spaces are limited, so apply early and don't miss the chance to participate in this unique experience!
Our summer program begins on May 19, 2021. For more information about Youth Challenge International's Youth Climate Leadership Program, visit youthclimateaction.ca.
YCI's Youth Climate Leadership Program allows youth to lead, create, and implement community-based climate action initiatives thanks to funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.