Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
A Director of the Board will:
• believe in and fully support the organization’s mission
• be passionate about assisting Kenyan primary school children
• provide input toward Connecting Countries’ governance, (by- laws, policies)
• assume an operational leadership role through hands on participation in the development, implementation and administration of programs and fundraising events,
• aid in the development of the organization’s strategic annual plan (goals and objectives),
• be expected to attend Board meetings (generally monthly).
The day-to-day operations are undertaken by the President of the Board of Directors with the support of a dedicated team of Board Members.
Connecting Countries’ Mission:
Canadians enhancing the health and education of school children in developing countries through sustainable programs and accountable partnerships.
Connecting Countries Programming: 3 Core Programs:
1. WaSH (water, sanitation and hygiene) – improving Kenyan school facilities and student health programs
2. Continuing Support – providing instructional supplies and teaching aids
3. Pen Pal Letters – facilitating letter writing and letter exchanges between Kenyan and Canadian students