Want to help people affected by COVID-19? Click here.
The BBNC Youth Advisory Council (BBNC YAC) is an opportunity for students ages 14-19 to share your voice with the community. The YAC will consist of approximately 8-12 passionate young leaders from Toronto to gain a better understanding of what the youth demographic needs from the community.
In working together with the City of Toronto and through fostering partnerships amongst various organizations, BBNC YAC is dedicated to providing young people with a forum on matters directly related to youth programming and youth-related issues in which they are able to build an equitable, accessible, and youth-friendly Neighborhood Centre
Roles and Responsibilities:
BBNC YAC Members meet weekly (approximately 2 to 3 hours) planning projects and engaging in leadership workshops ranging from:
- Employment Workshops
- Student Support Services
- After School Recreational Activities
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Community Service
- And More
BBNC YAC membership is a great addition to resumes, college and university applications.
- Complete required volunteer hours
- Gain valuable leadership and volunteer experience
- Professional reference from BBNC YAC staff
- Research & Group Facilitation Experience
- Contribute to the community and meet like-minded youth
Due to limited funding, BBNC prioritizes youth in the Southwest- Scarborough catchment area.