Vous voulez aider les personnes touchées par COVID-19? Cliquez ici.
Through Youth Challenge International's Innovate MY Future program, GTHA youth, aged 16-24, collaborate in local teams to tackle climate issues and design community-based projects to make an impact.
Climate Action Catalyst volunteers receive training and support from YCI to design and implement a climate action project in their communities and gain resume-building skills and experience along the way. They also gain exclusive access to training, mentorship and grant funding as well as the opportunity to apply for technology devices to support virtual participation in training sessions and to collaborate with teams.
What you'll do:
- Join YCI's Climate Action Network: You'll join YCI's growing network of 300+ youth and change-makers taking climate action across the GTHA to learn with and support each other to amplify impact in your communities.
- Access exclusive learning and support resources: Gain skills through experiential climate and design-thinking training and workshops and be eligible for accessibility support, grant funding and more.
- Take tangible action on climate change: You'll join a local team of Climate Action Catalysts to design, plan and execute a climate action project that addresses climate issues facing your community.
- Meet and collaborate with professionals in the climate change sector: Your team will be matched with a partner organization who will pose a local climate issue for your project to address.
- Jumpstart your career: Climate Action Catalysts build market-ready skills, network with influential partners, municipalities and local youth throughout your experience.
You'll fit right in if you:
- Are dedicated and dependable with availability on weeknights to actively volunteer with a local team through virtual platforms.
- Are curious about systems change, design-thinking and climate action
- Possess a passion for climate action and desire to learn from local experts
- Are a highly organized and motivated self-starter
- Have strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Are able to work well with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
The details & time commitment:
- This is an 8-month volunteer program and volunteers contribute 120 volunteer hours in total, which is approx. 4 hours of volunteer time each week from July to February, to attend trainings and coaching meetings and to collaborate with YCI, your local partner and your team.
- The program will run virtually for the foreseeable future. We will meet every Tuesday evening 5:30-7:30 in July and August, and then every other Tuesday from September to February.
- You're 16-24 years old.
- You live in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA) and are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- You want to build skills and become a climate action advocate in your community.
To learn more and apply, visit youthclimateaction.ca