Vous voulez aider les personnes touchées par COVID-19? Cliquez ici.
Habitat’s mission is to mobilize volunteers and communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
What you need to know:
• Volunteers are not required to have prior building experience
• Onsite training is provided by our skilled Crew Leaders
• We build 12 months a year, Monday to Friday
• Volunteers are required to bring their own CSA approved, green label, steel toed boots, safety goggles and work gloves
• Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old to build
• Volunteers under the age of 18 require a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
• Minimum shift is 8 hours, from 8:00 am – 4:00pm- Oshawa Build Site
• You can volunteer for one day or on a regular basis
Build Site Locations:
• Able to learn to use construction tools and equipment with training and supervision
• Ability to lift 20-30lbs
• Assist in providing a safe and healthy working environment
• Willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff
• Come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team. A positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility and a sense of humour is always key! Tasks are not always glamourous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
• Gain practical experience in skilled trades
• Meet new people and network with likeminded individuals
• Give back to your community and help provide affordable home ownership
Ready to get started in making a difference in the lives of families? CLICK HERE or go to https://habitatgta.volunteerhub.com/events/index?format=List&filter=24904 to choose a Build Site and a shift date. Then follow the prompts to become a Habitat GTA volunteer! Questions? Email email@example.com
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage volunteers with disabilities, and upon individual request, will endeavour to provide appropriate accommodations. Please inform our Volunteer Service team should accommodation be required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org