Vous voulez aider les personnes touchées par COVID-19? Cliquez ici.
Volunteer Role: Habitat ReStore Volunteer
Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Do you have a flair for organizing, a passion for great customer service and an interest in reusing and recycling? Is flexibility in your schedule important to you? Yes? Then our Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area ReStore Volunteer opportunity is for you!
In support of our homebuilding activity, we operate retail home improvement stores call Habitat ReStore. Our 12 locations sell new and used donated home furnishings, appliance and renovation materials to the public at a fraction of the original price. Revenue generated through ReStore sales help cover the cost to build homes for future Habitat homeowners.
What you need to know:
• An on-line orientation session is required before your first volunteer shift.
• All volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old.
• Volunteers under the age of 18 require a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
• Shifts are self-scheduled via online registration. Minimum shift is 4 hours.
• Morning, afternoon and weekend shifts are available.
Brampton: 3-268 Rutherford Rd. S
North York: 1120 Caledonia Rd.
East York: 155 Bermondsey Rd.
Scarborough: 1181 Kennedy Rd.
Etobicoke: 700 Kipling Ave.
Toronto Studio District: 3 Carlaw Ave.
Markham: 7701 Woodbine Ave.
Vaughan: 2180 Steeles Ave. W
Uxbridge: 141 Reach Street
Woodbridge North: 551 Cityview Blvd.
Newmarket: 16715 Yonge Street
Oshawa: 364 Centre Street
• Tasks may include customer service, product display, pricing, assembly and repair
• Due to the physical nature of some of the tasks required, ReStore volunteers may be asked to lift heavy objects (bathroom fixtures, windows, doors, etc.)
• Able to lift 10-20 pounds and be on your feet for several hours at a time.
• Volunteers are required to wear CSA approved green label safety shoes.
• Come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team.
• A positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility and a sense of humour is always key! Tasks are not always glamorous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
• Gain practical experience
• Meet new people and network with like-minded individuals
• Give back to your community and help raise funds for affordable home ownership
• Help the environment by giving new life to gently used resources
• Letters of confirmation for hours volunteered (Minimum 40 hours for this)
Took book an orientation click on link below
or email email@example.com