Vous voulez aider les personnes touchées par COVID-19? Cliquez ici.
Social media advocate
Location: Nationwide across Canada and accessible to anyone with a working Internet connection
Purpose: Lung Cancer Canada is a national charitable organization that serves as Canada’s leading resource for lung cancer education, patient support, research and advocacy. Historically, lung cancer has received scant public attention in Canada, despite the fact that lung cancer is the nation’s number one cancer killer. The attention paid to lung cancer is scare in part because of its low survival rate, which drastically diminishes the voices of those affected, and in part because of the relationship between lung cancer and smoking, which has unfairly stigmatized lung cancer patients. But Canadians cannot afford to keep ignoring this deadly disease. Our mission is three-fold – 1) to increase public awareness of lung cancer, 2) to support and advocate for lung cancer patients and their families, and 3) to provide educational resources to patients, family members, and healthcare professionals the general public.
We need volunteers to help us complete our mission as well as help us raise awareness across various social media platforms.
Main objective: Raise awareness for Lung Cancer Canada and promote our various events through social media communications.
• Following Lung Cancer Canada across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn)
• Sharing our social media templates provided for you on your own social media channels (Posts, story’s)
• Creating your own content about our various events to share on your own social media channels - we will provide you with the tools & training to do this
• Send a screenshot of your social media postings (either the template we have provided for you or your own content) for approval/administration
We are seeking volunteers who are familiar with social media and have their own social media channels. An additional asset would be the ability to create original content but it is not a requirement. Above all else, we are looking for volunteers who have a passion for raising lung cancer awareness and are enthusiastic about supporting Lung Cancer Canada’s various programs and events.
• Represent Lung Cancer Canada in an appropriate and informed way
• Keep up to date with the latest news and vital information about the work of Lung Cancer Canada, including information found on the website, on social media, and through our email updates provided by LCC
• Volunteers will receive all email updates from Lung Cancer Canada so they are aware of what we are currently doing and to be knowledgeable about the language we use
• Engage with Lung Cancer Canada staff is opportunities for partnerships with national corporations or media arise
• Act as a point of contact for those interested in working to promote Lung Cancer Canada
• Staying in contact with the Social Media Advocate Program Coordinator and pro