Vous voulez aider les personnes touchées par COVID-19? Cliquez ici.
Youth Challenge International Climate Leader
Are you 19-25 and have a great idea or an existing climate action initiative that you want to take to the next level?
Join Youth Challenge International’s (YCI) 6-month Climate Solutions Accelerator program to enhance your skills as a Climate Leader and refine and grow your climate solution – whether it’s a community-based project, social initiative or green venture.
There are 3 phases to the program: Accelerate, Incubate and Planning for Future. In the Accelerate phase, Climate Leaders will participate in intensive “Bootcamps” to pinpoint the problem they are trying to solve. Throughout the Incubate and Planning for Future phases, Climate Leaders are given custom support and guidance to refine their climate solution and execute their action plan.
YCI is currently accepting applications for Climate Leaders for the Climate Solutions Accelerator. The program will run in a cohort-based mode with 4 cycles throughout the year. This small cohort models allow for collaborative learning and mentorship, so that Climate Leaders can grow together and support one another on reaching their goals.
What you’ll do:
● Accelerate your climate initiative: Gain access to exclusive resources including customized coaching, mentorship and funding support.
● Grow your skills and experience: Get comprehensive and interactive training on designing and growing sustainable, climate-focused ventures and enhance your understanding of climate science and traditional knowledge
● Take action on climate change: Lead a team to launch or scale a project or initiative that will have real impact on climate issues.
● Join YCI’s Climate Action Network: Connect with 100+ young people, partners and organizations in our network leading climate action and exploring pathways to build the green, low carbon economy.
You’ll fit right in if you:
● Demonstrate an understanding of climate issues (locally and/or globally).
● Have a desire to deepen your commitment to these issues through developing a sustainable climate action initiative, social enterprise or green business.
● Are experienced working on community-based projects and initiatives with teams and are a highly organized and motivated self-starter.
● Are curious about systems change, design-thinking and climate solutions and are hungry to learn more about how you can make a positive impact in your community.
● Are dedicated and dependable with availability on weekends and some evenings to actively participate training sessions.
● Have a willingness create or scale an existing team to engage and support your solution.
● Possess strong digital savviness and virtual collaboration skills with an interest in enhancing these skills.
The details and time commitment:
● 4 ‘intensive’ virtual training sessions on alternating weekends for the accelerator phase of the program. The final 2 phases will have evening sessions from 5:30 - 7:30 pm, 1 to 2 times a month.
● Outside of the