Souhaitez-vous aider à accueillir en Ontario les réfugiés fuyant le conflit syrien? Cliquez ici.
Under the supervision of Co-coordinator the volunteer will assist in the organization and effective delivery of the
MOW program in collaboration with other volunteers and staff.
Requirements & Desirable Characteristics:
- Interested in working with seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy; punctual; warm and caring; cheerful, patient and friendly.
- Physically capable of carrying meal bags above 10lbs.
- Must be in good health.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have adequate insurance coverage (agency provides information form to give to the volunteer’s insurance agent).
- Must submit to a Police Reference Check which has resulted in an outcome that is deemed satisfactory to the agency.
- Complete an orientation and training
- Knowledge of Scarborough a plus.
- Collect, organize and pack meals from food source.
- Transport meals to clients’ homes.
- Report any concerns/observations to Program Coordinator immediately.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Inform the Coordinator as soon as possible, if unable to volunteer on an assigned date.
- Follow the program’s health and safety protocol.
- Your duty as Meals on Wheels volunteer is limited to the above responsibilities. If a client asks you to do something that is questionable, or if you are asked to provide other services, inform your coordinator immediately.
Supervisor: Meals on Wheels Coordinator
Time Commitment: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (approximately 2.5 hours of volunteer time). A commitment of 6 months should be considered for continuity of program success. Flexible days.
The agency has a set trip reimbursement rate for gas allowance which is reviewed annually by the Board of Directors.