Souhaitez-vous aider à accueillir en Ontario les réfugiés fuyant le conflit syrien? Cliquez ici.
Pen Pal Letter Exchange Program Presenter (Volunteer Position)
Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School’s Pen Pal Letter Program links Canadian and students from other countries with Kenyan students of similar age and grade, allowing them to build friendships and exchange cultural information. Many hundreds of letters are exchanged each school year.
The successful volunteer candidate:
i) will lay out the implementation of the Pen Pal Program through a short classroom presentation,
ii) will assist the same students to glean information from Kenyan letters they receive.
* Coordinate with the Pen Pal Administrator dates and times of classroom visits.
* Use a set PowerPoint presentation and script to outline the Pen Pal Program.
* Follow a set format to glean information from Kenyan letters.
* Take photographs of students with their Pen Pal letters.
* Report to the Pen Pal Administrator the outcomes from each classroom visit.
* Reports directly to the Pen Pal Administrator.
* Position is available from September 3, 2019 until December 20, 2019.
* School visits: i) one hour in duration, ii) 2 visits per school (implementation & gleaning), iii) approx. 6 schools involved (mainly Elementary schools)
* Training in the form of job shadowing will be arranged prior to the May 2019.
* Fluency with English verbal language.
* A motivating and friendly presentation style.
* Passionate about making a difference in lives of students locally and in Kenya
* Ability to use Email.
* Ability to work independently and remotely.
* Possess a flexible daily schedule, live within the Greater Hamilton Area with a reliable form of transportation.
* accepted until March 15, 2019
* email a current resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com (attn. Pen Pal Coordinator)