Souhaitez-vous aider à accueillir en Ontario les réfugiés fuyant le conflit syrien? Cliquez ici.
Become a Nanny Angel!
Imagine a world where every mother with cancer receives the care needed for her children – so she has enough time to care for herself. The Nanny Angel Network offers rewarding positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference. Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period. All of our Nanny Angels have two important things in common: their love of children and their commitment to providing excellent, dependable childcare for mothers with cancer.
How you can help
• Provide fun, educational, creative and safe experiences for the children
• One-year commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery
• 4 hours of childcare service per week to the same family
• Volunteers are matched with families based on compatibility and location within the Greater Toronto Area: Halton, Peel, York, Durham Regions and the City of Toronto.
The role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper or personal assistant – Nanny Angels are there to engage and support the children
• One year of recent professional childcare experience or registered in childcare focused program
o Professional Nannies
o Teachers, Social Workers, Paediatric Nurses and Child Life Specialists
o Early Childhood Educators o Students currently enrolled in professional programs stated above
o Camp Counselors with cumulative experience
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Vulnerable Sector police clearance, current CPR and First Aid training (can be arranged through NAN)
There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Nanny Angel!
How to apply
Visit www.nanapply.com to complete your application and start helping families in need!